Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

M.A.C False Lashes vs Maybelline Falsies

OMG
Can you believe it...I'm finally doing this review.


So first off you'll notice that the Maybelline Falsies mascara comes in like a fuchsia color packaging. Unlike the commercials, the wand isn't pink. It is shorter, but thicker then the M.A.C packaging.

Then we have the M.A.C False Lashes mascara. It is a much longer tube, as well as thinner. 

Let's take a closer look...


Here we have the Maybelline Falsies. You'll notice that the wand is curved. When applying the mascara, you use the curved side facing your eyelashes. The bristles are shorter on the curved side, but believe it or not, it does make a difference. When I first used this mascara, I was in love. I tossed my Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara & used only the Falsies. I have already gone through 3 tubes of this mascara. It is a wonderful product & does what it promises to do. Your lashes do get longer & fuller. It dries very quickly & I haven't noticed excessive flaking.  Any flaking that occurs is very minimal. What I have noticed about this mascara though is that it clumps.  A trick that I do to break apart some of the clumping...just you're typical sewing needle. Very carefully separate the lashes. 
Be very careful & try this at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if you poke your eye.

with maybelline falsies

without maybelline falsies

So as you can see there is a remarkable difference in length. I have very short eyelashes. But you can also notice clumping. In the second photo you can tell I am not wearing any mascara at all. My eyelashes are almost unnoticeable. 

The clumping issue is common with this mascara. The trick is to apply coats before they dry. So say you like to apply 2 coats, do so before moving on to the other eye.

Overall I give this mascara a B-


M.A.C False Lashes
It took M.A.C some time to come out with their own Lash extending mascara comparable to Maybelline Falsies, but they did. This mascara came out with the M.A.C & Marcel Wanders Collection. It is a drier formula than the Maybelline Falsies, but it's a must have. There is no flaking & no clumping. Unlike the Maybelline Falsies brush wand, the M.A.C brush isn't curved. This mascara is by far an amazing one all on it's own. It adds volume, extends & adds more curl to your lashes. It's pricier than the Maybelline Falsies, but it's well worth it. 


As you can see there is no clumping. Lashes are long, full & separated.

closeup of length

What about the bottom lashes?
It even adds length & fullnes to those short pesky lashes.





Maybelline Falsies Mascara runs you about $5 at Walmart & Target. I'm not sure if there is a difference in price in different states/cities. To be on the safe side, between $5 - $10. I have heard that is costs $7.99 in some areas.

M.A.C False Lashes runs you $18. Quite a difference in price, but you are also paying for the quality & not just the name.


Which mascara do I use now on a daily basis? M.A.C False Lashes. I love the fact that my lashes do look longer & fuller without the clumping & flaking.





Disclaimer:
This review is my HONEST OPINION of these 2 products. I was not paid by either company to do a review/comparison on their products. Photographs are mine, I took them myself.



So now, tell me...which mascara are you willing to try?


Till Next Time...
Love,
Jesselle <3

No comments:

Post a Comment