Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kat Von D Foundation Review






I recently purchased the Kat Von D foundation at my local Sephora. I was more than excited to try this out after reading several positive reviews about this foundation and its amazing coverage.




The container is beautifully designed and has an easy, mess free dispenser.




My skin type is mostly dry but I do have bouts of oily spots now and then with a slight break outs.
With that said, I purchased the foundation in the shade Medium 54. The one below it was too light and the one above it was too dark. In the store this shade seemed perfect!
I applied the foundation 2 different ways. On one side of my face I used my fingers as I do with my normal Makeup Forever Foundation. On the other side I used a flat top foundation brush.
There was no difference in appearance between the two different applications.
(Ignore the messy hair & odd ball smile, it was very late at night. LOL)




The foundation was much too light for my skin and it was extremely noticeable.
Although it does have amazing coverage as far as dark circles are concerned, it also has a tendency in accentuating pores & wrinkles/lines.




Dark circles covered with only using the foundation.




Foundation makes lines & pores noticeable.




Makes wrinkles look deeper than what they really are.




And makes blemishes look dry and crusty.
Automatically I felt my skin tight and very dry. It even made my skin a little itchy. After I was done with any pictures I wanted to take I went to go remove the makeup. I used my MAC cleanse off, 2 MAC makeup remover wipes, yes, I did say 2. After that I used my Clairsonic brush and philosophy cleanser to wash my face, somehow, I still had foundation on my face. This stuff was unpleasant to remove.
The following morning I woke up with fresh acne on my chin, nose area & forehead.
I returned that day!
I'm not saying this foundation is horrible, but it sure wasn't for me.
Love Always, Jesselle

No comments:

Post a Comment